Home /
Archive for: March 2020 - DIGEST UKRAINE

Monthly Archives: March 2020

In Greece, the case of an Iranian migrant now jailed on charges of inciting an insurrection is highlighting the Greek government’s rising concerns about a flare-up of clashes involving migrants along Greece’s border with Turkey. Greek authorities say the Iranian man — a self-described anarchist — was urging groups in Greece to arm asylum seekers trying to enter Europe from Turkey. The man, if convicted, faces a stiff sentence of up to ten years in prison.Greek counter-terrorism forces say they arrested the 23-year-old Iranian national in central Athens after he posted a call for an armed insurrection on a website that is often visited by homegrown extremists and urban guerrilla groupings.Authorities say the unidentified man describes himself as a migrant anarchist and they say he has not denied the criminal charges set against him — among the stiffest slapped on a migrant in recent years.
 
Greek intelligence officials say Greece granted the man political asylum three years ago and that he has since then established a militant profile, linking up with a far-left extremist group in Greece.
 
Left-wing groups in Greece have long supported asylum seekers, advocating their safe passage — and their right to stay in Europe. But in his online calling, the Iranian went a step further, urging anarchists to help arm migrants, take to the streets and renew clashes with authorities in northern Greece to help tens of thousands trapped in Turkey stream in to Europe.
 
Authorities in Athens say they have not established links between that plot and Turkey.
 
But the Iranian’s arrest here and the severity of the charges laid against him underscore Greece’s desperate bid to stamp out any potential flare up of migrant clashes along the country’s borders with Turkey.
 
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan flung open the borders to migrants heading for Europe in late February after dozens of Turkish soldiers were killed in an air raid in Syria. FILE – Migrants walk in Edirne at the Turkish-Greek border, March 9, 2020.Turkey last week said it moved 5,800 migrants away from the border crossing at Edirne province where they had been massing, citing concerns over the threat of coronavirus.  The move was interpreted by some in Greece as a reversal by Ankara. But Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu told an independent broadcaster the move did not represent a policy change.
 
“Once the COVID-19 crisis is over, the Turkish government will not block migrants from returning to the border,” he said. Although Greek authorities have not established a link between the Iranian migrant and the Turkish government, they worry about how Ankara may use the nearly four million Syrian refugees now inside Greece.
Ioannis Mazis, an international relations analyst in Athens, said Greece has already seen Turkey using tens of thousands of migrants as pawns in the recent border clashes. He said the Turkish government has even admitted that it has orchestrated much of the border violence. So, threats of further clashes should not be underestimated, Mazis added.
 
By some accounts, as many 150,000 migrants and refugee tried to push into Europe last month. Greece says it succeeded in fending off more than 50,000, while many others managed to sneak in.  
 
  


your ad here

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan officially make the transition Tuesday from senior members of Britain’s royal family to — well, it’s unclear. International celebrities, charity patrons, global influencers?
The royal schism that the couple triggered in January by announcing that they would step down from official duties, give up public funding, seek financial independence and swap the U.K. for North America becomes official on March 31.
The move has been made more complicated and poignant by the global coronavirus pandemic, which finds the couple and their 10-month-old son Archie in California, far from Harry’s father Prince Charles — who is recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 — and Harry’s 93-year-old grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II.
“As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile,” the couple said in a final post Monday on their now-mothballed SussexRoyal Instagram account.
“What’s most important right now is the health and well-being of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic,” they added. “As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute.”  
It is less than two years since ex-soldier Harry, who is sixth in line to the British throne, married American actress Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle in a lavish ceremony watched by millions around the world.  
Soon the couple began to bristle at intense scrutiny by the British media — which they said tipped into harassment. They decided to break free, in what Harry called a “leap of faith” as he sought a more peaceful life, without the journalists who have filmed, photographed and written about him since the day he was born.  
Harry has long had an uncomfortable relationship with the media, which he blames for the death of his mother, Princess Diana. She died in a car crash in Paris in 1997 while being pursued by paparazzi.
Harry’s unhappiness increased after he began dating Markle, then the star of TV legal drama “Suits.” In 2016 he accused the media of harassing his then-girlfriend, and criticized “racial undertones” in some coverage of the biracial Markle.
It’s clear that Meghan’s upbeat Californian style — embodied in the glossy images and life-affirming messages of the couple’s Instagram account — rankled with sections of Britain’s tabloid press, which is both insatiable for royal content and fiercely judgmental of the family members.  
The couple — who are keeping their titles, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, but will no longer be called Their Royal Highnesses — had hoped to keep using the Sussex Royal brand in their new life. But last month they announced they wouldn’t seek to trademark the term because of U.K. rules governing use of the word “royal.”
The couple plans to launch a non-profit organization for their charitable activities in areas including youth empowerment, mental health, conservation, gender equality and education. Harry will also continue to oversee the Invictus Games, the Olympics-style competition he founded for wounded troops.
Meghan has been announced as the narrator of “Elephant,” a Disney nature documentary.
But for now, the couple’s office said they want the world to focus “on the global response to COVID-19.”  
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend the next few months focusing on their family and continuing to do what they can, safely and privately, to support and work with their pre-existing charitable commitments while developing their future non-profit organisation,” the couple’s office said in a statement.
The newly independent Harry and Meghan will also need to earn money to help pay for a multi-million dollar security bill.
As senior royals, they have had bodyguards funded by British taxpayers. Since late last year, Harry and Meghan have since been based on Canada’s Vancouver Island, where security was provided by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Canadian authorities warned last month that would end once the couple ceased to be working royals.
The duke and duchess recently moved to the Los Angeles area, where Meghan grew up and where her mother still lives. The news led President Donald Trump to tweet on Sunday: “the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”
Harry and Meghan’s office said they had “no plans to ask the U.S. government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”  
Some royal historians warned that Harry and Meghan could struggle to find a fulfilling role. Comparisons have been drawn to King Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936 to marry divorced American Wallis Simpson. The couple lived the rest of their lives in luxurious but lonely self-imposed exile from Britain.
Royal historian Penny Junor said U.K.-based royals were helping boost the nation’s morale during the coronavirus pandemic. The queen has issued a message to the nation, while Harry’s brother Prince William and his children joined in a public round of applause for health care workers.
“All of this is absolutely what the family is about, and those members of the royal family that are on a limb now are pretty irrelevant,” Junor said.
 


your ad here

31 березня міськрайонний суд Слов’янська подовжив термін тримання під вартою мешканцям Бахмута Миколі Барабашу та Олександру Баришку, яких звинувачують у розбої та завданні тяжких тілесних ушкоджень, що спричинили смерть проукраїнського активіста Артема Мирошниченка. Про це повідомляє кореспондент Радіо Свобода.

Олександр Горобець, прокурор Артемівської місцевої прокуратури, зазначив, що підсудний Микола Баришок може ховатися від суду і впливати на потерпілого та свідків. За інформацією прокурора, Баришок має місце реєстрації на окупованих російськими гібридними силами територіях.

Також Олександр Горобець заявив, шо підсудний Микола Барабаш теж може впливати на потерпілого та свідків. Тому обидвох треба лишити за гратами.

 

Микола Барабаш зазначив, що не погоджується з триманням під вартою. Олександр Баришок ні проти чого не заперечував. Натомість Василь Ніколаєнко, захисник Баришка, заявив, що прокурор не надав жодних доказів того, що його підзахисний може впливати на потерпілого чи свідків, або переховуватися від суду.

Врешті судді вирішили залишити під вартою Миколу Барабашу та Олександра Баришка на 60 діб.

На мешканця Бахмута Артема Мирошниченка напали 29 листопада 2019 року. Він помер 5 грудня у лікарні, не прийшовши до тями.

Розглядати справу по суті розпочнуть у Слов’янську 9 квітня.


your ad here

Обміни утримуваними особами з підтримуваними Росією бойовиками, що окопували частину території Донбасу можуть початися за два тижні. Про це під час онлайн-брифінгу заявив голова Адміністрації президент України Андрій Єрмак.

«Цей процес продовжується, він ускладнений ситуацією із пандемією (коронавірісу – ред), тому сьогодні фіналізуються списки, вони оновлюються. Ви знаєте, що ми мали деякі складнощі щодо цього, тому що не були допущені представники Червоного хреста, але ми ще отримали підтвердження від учасників тристоронньої контактної групи. Була розмова Президента із керівником Червоного хреста щодо негайного відправлення на ту (окуповану, – ред.) територію представників Червоного хреста. Це нам допоможе удосконалити списки усіх людей, які там знаходяться. Ця робота продовжується і я дуже сподіваюся, що ще може тиждень, а може два тижні і ми почнемо проводити ці обміни», – заявив Єрмак.

Сторони Тристоронньої контактної групи в Мінську 11 березня домовилися про звільнення громадян України, яких утримують на окупованих територіях Донецької та Луганської областей, заявив голова Офісу президента Андрій Єрмак на брифінгу 13 березня.

29 грудня 2019 року відбувся обмін утримуваними між Україною і російськими гібридними силами. З території ОРДЛО був звільнений 81 українець: 76 із них повернулися на підконтрольну українському уряду територію, ще п’ятеро вирішили залишитися на території, що контролюється російськими гібридними силами. Із 76 звільнених: 12 – тепер уже ексвійськовополонені, 64 – цивільні. Звільнених обміняли на 124 особи.

Це сталося після першої за три роки зустрічі лідерів країн «нормандського формату», яка відбулася в Парижі 9 грудня.


your ad here
“Пробившие дно”: «галера» обиженного карлика пукина потеряла управляемость и идет ко дну…

Кровавый пукин имеет нынче все шансы превратиться в неудачника, управляющего своей «галерой» в «идеальный шторм», когда сошлись почти все возможные негативные обстоятельства
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 


your ad here

Чуда не случилось: Порошенко в который раз будет спасать Украину
 

 
 
Для поширення вашого відео чи повідомлення в Мережі Правди пишіть сюди,
або на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Найкращі пропозиції товарів і послуг в Мережі Купуй!
 


your ad here

Газпром окончательно скатился: Польская оплеуха одичалым
 

 
 
Для распространения вашего видео или сообщения в Сети Правды пишите на email: pravdaua@email.cz
 
 
Лучшие предложения товаров и услуг в Сети SeLLines
 


your ad here

Ukraine’s parliament has voted to lift the ban on the sale of farmland in a move that would allow the country to get $8 billion worth of aid from the International Monetary Fund.  The bill, long pushed by economists to stimulate investment in agriculture, was approved by 259 votes out of 450 late Monday. It opens up the land market for Ukrainian citizens starting from July 1, 2021, and for Ukrainian companies starting from 2024.  Ukrainians will vote on a nationwide referendum on whether to allow foreigners to buy farmland.  FILE – In this handout photo released by the Ukrainian Presidential Press Office, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy speaks at a ceremony in Kyiv, Ukraine, Feb. 13, 2020.Speaking in parliament Monday night, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy stressed the importance of getting the IMF loan.  “It is really important for us, to sign the memorandum with the IMF, and you know well that the two main conditions were the land law and the banking law,” Zelenskiy said.Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal echoed his sentiment in televised remarks Monday.  “Without the support of international organizations we will have to fall into the abyss of a financial meltdown,” Shmyhal said.  Earlier Monday, lawmakers approved the banking law in the first reading. It prevents former owners of banks that were nationalized or liquidated from regaining ownership rights or receiving compensation from state funds.  Some said that the bill, among others, targets billionaire tycoon Ihor Kolomoisky, whose Privatbank was nationalized in 2016 and who sought to get it back using his connections to Zelenskiy. In recent months, Zelenskiy has been trying to distance himself from Kolomoisky, who wasn’t hiding his ambitions to influence both domestic and foreign policies, observers say.According to Zelenskiy, once Ukraine fulfills the conditions outlined by the IMF, it will receive the first batch of funds — $1.75-$2 billion — in 15 days.  “We agreed with the management of the IMF,” Zelenskiy said.


your ad here

Germany, Britain and France have facilitated exports of medical goods to Iran in the first use of a mechanism designed to get around U.S. sanctions, Germany said Tuesday.A German Foreign Ministry statement Tuesday did not specify what type of medical supplies were involved, nor any companies that were part of the action.It said now that the system had been used successfully, the two sides would “work on more transactions.”Iran and a group of five world powers signed a deal in 2015 that restricted Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.After the United States withdrew from the deal and imposed sanctions, Iran pressured the European signatories to work around those restrictions to help its battered economy.That pressure included Iran taking a series of steps away from its commitments under the 2015 deal, including caps on uranium enrichment.


your ad here

Український військовий травмувався, підірвавшись на міні в районі населеного пункту Катеринівка, що на Луганщині, 31 березня, повідомляє штаб операції Об’єднаних сил. Стан військового – тяжкий.

«Сьогодні, 31 березня в районі населеного пункту Катеринівка, що на Луганщині, під час виконання бойових завдань один український військовослужбовець отримав травму внаслідок підриву на протипіхотній міні. Воїну надали належну медичну допомогу та евакуювали до лікувального закладу. Стан здоров’я тяжкий», – йдеться в повідомленні.

 

За попередніми даними штабу ООС, міна була російського виробництва і належить до боєприпасів, заборонених Женевськими конвенціями.

«Застосування таких боєприпасів вкотре підтверджує, що російські окупанти відверто нехтують вимогами Міжнародного гуманітарного права при веденні бойових дій», – наголосили українські військові.

 

Збройний конфлікт на Донбасі триває від 2014 року після російської окупації Криму. Україна і Захід звинувачують Росію у збройній підтримці бойовиків. Кремль відкидає ці звинувачення і заявляє, що на Донбасі можуть перебувати хіба що російські «добровольці».

За даними ООН, від березня 2014-го до 31 жовтня 2019 року внаслідок збройного конфлікту на Донбасі загинули 13 000 – 13 200 людей.


your ad here