Home /
Category: Новини

Posts in Category: Новини

For weeks, NGOs including the press freedom group Reporters Without Borders, have expressed concerns over the draft bill, especially its Article 24, which would make it a criminal offense for anyone to disseminate images that — according to the text — might “harm the physical or mental integrity” of police officers. Those found guilty could be punished by a year in prison or a fine of up to $53,000. Lawmakers from President Emmanuel Macron’s ruling party said Monday they would propose a “complete rewrite” of part of a draft law that would restrict the filming of police. The announcement came from majority leader Christophe Castaner, to reporters.Castaner said the majority failed to convince the public opinion that this text was not against the freedom of press, the right to inform and the legitimate control of police force. Therefore, a complete rewrite, the lawmaker said, is necessary.In a rare rebuke, even the European Commission declared last week that news media must be able to work freely.  Opposition lawmakers welcome the announcement of the rewrite but demand further actions and the complete withdrawal of the so-called Global Security bill.Adrien Quatennens, an extreme-left MP from Northern France, explained that President Macron’s ruling majority did not understand the people’s will and the issue remains with the entire bill, not only its article 24  The French Senate will vote on the Global Security bill in January and the government says it will ask France’s high court to review  — and possibly strike down —  the bill.  


your ad here

Police in the western German city of Trier say at least two people were killed and 15 others were injured when a car sped through a pedestrian area in the city’s center.At a news briefing from the scene, Trier police spokesman Karl-Peter Jochem told reporters that authorities received a call in the early afternoon about the car and the motorist was hitting people at random.Witnesses told local media the dark grey Range Rover knocked people into the air.Jochem said police were able to stop the car, and they arrested a 51-year-old man, a German national, at the scene. The spokesman said they believe he acted alone and was being questioned as to a motive.Police said the city center had been cordoned off and helicopters were circling overhead.Parents were asked to pick up their children early from school, a local newspaper reported.Municipal authorities warned people to stay away from the city center. Local first responders and police remained at the scene.Germany has tightened security on pedestrian zones across the country since a deadly truck attack on a Berlin Christmas market in 2016 that killed 12 people and injured dozens.Trier is 200 kilometers west of Frankfurt, on the west-central border with Luxembourg.
 


your ad here

Середньомісячна температура у листопаді у Києві склала +3,8 градуса, що на 1,7 градуса вище за кліматичну норму. Про це свідчать дані Центральної геофізичної обсерваторії імені Бориса Срезневського

«Температурний режим цьогорічного листопада у столиці був досить контрастним, бо перша декада виявилась теплішою за кліматичну норму майже на 4 градуси, друга – холоднішою на пів градуса, а температурний режим третьої декади знову перевищив середні багаторічні показники на 2,4 градуса», – мовиться у повідомленні.

За даними метеорологів, найхолодніше було 30 числа, коли під ранок температура знизилася до -3,8 градуса, а найтепліше – 7 листопада, коли після полудня зафіксували +11,7 градуса.

У Києві на проспекті Науки за місяць випало 30 мм опадів, що склало 59%  кліматичної норми.


your ad here

Служба безпеки України оголосила у міжнародний розшук трьох бойовиків незаконного збройного угруповання «ДНР». Про це повідомила пресслужба СБУ.

«Контррозвідка Служби безпеки України викрила трьох учасників незаконних збройних формувань так званої «ДНР», які брали активну участь у бойових діях проти підрозділів антитерористичної операції та операції Об’єднаних сил. За даними слідства, троє фігурантів, один з яких є начальником штабу протитанкового дивізіону так званої Гвардійської оперативно-тактичної групи «Кольчуга», у 2014-2015 роках приєдналися до лав терористичних угруповань. Встановлено, що бойовики причетні до обстрілів позицій українських військових підрозділів та правоохоронних органів», – мовиться у повідомленні.

У СБУ зазначили, що оскільки бойовики постійно перебувають на непідконтрольних Києву територіях, їм заочно оголошено про підозру  вчинені злочинів за за частиною 1 статті 258-3 (Створення терористичної групи чи терористичної організації) та частиною 2 статті 260 (Створення не передбачених законом воєнізованих або збройних формувань) Кримінального кодексу України, їх також оголосили у міжнародний розшук.

«Наразі судом вирішується питання щодо здійснення стосовно підозрюваних спеціального досудового розслідування», – зазначили у СБУ.

Слідчо-розшукові дії відбувалися під процесуальним керівництвом Житомирської обласної прокуратури.


your ad here

The United Nations appealed Tuesday for a record $35 billion to provide life-saving humanitarian support for 160 million people next year, as the economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic has pushed millions into extreme poverty worldwide.    “Conflict, climate change and COVID-19 have created the greatest humanitarian challenge since the Second World War,” U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said in a recorded message for the launch of the appeal.     He called on donors to help those at greatest risk “in their darkest hour of need.”A student of the Emile Dubois high school takes part in a COVID-19 antigen test in Paris, France Nov. 23, 2020.The U.N. says the actual need is even higher — some 235 million people, or one in every 33 people on the planet, requires aid or protection. This is a 40% increase over 2020.     There are more than 63 million confirmed cases worldwide of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, which has been tracking the pandemic’s spread. Nearly 1.5 million people have died and tens of millions have lost jobs and livelihoods during the lockdowns imposed to stop the virus from spreading.   “It’s not the disease itself, nasty as it may be … that is most hurting people in vulnerable countries. It’s the economic impact,” U.N. humanitarian chief Mark Lowcock told reporters. “Rising food prices, falling incomes, drops in remittances, interrupted vaccination programs, school closures — these hit the poorest people in the poorest countries hardest of all.”  The U.N. has already warned about alarming levels of hunger in seven countries that could tip into famine next year without assistance. They are Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Sudan and Yemen. Two weeks ago, the U.N. released $100 million from an emergency fund in a bid to prevent further deterioration.Women wait with children in a ward at a malnourishment treatment center in Yemen’s northern Hajjah province, Nov. 22, 2020.But dozens of other countries are facing extreme challenges and require increased support.     Lowcock said that for the first time since the 1990s, global levels of extreme poverty will rise, threatening to reverse decades of progress.  “Unless there is support for the poorest countries, their hangover from the pandemic is going to be long and harsh, and it will bring with it chaos and anarchy,” he said.Mark Lowcock, the U.N. Humanitarian Affairs Emergency and Relief Coordinator, address United Nations Security Council with a report on Yemen, Oct. 23, 2018 at U.N. headquarters.Lowcock said this is not in the interest of wealthier countries. And while $35 billion may sound like a lot of money, the world’s richest nations have pumped trillions of dollars into their economies to keep their societies afloat.    “As we approach the end of a difficult year, we face a choice as a global community:  Are we going to let this pandemic unravel decades of progress, or are we going to act now to do something about it?” he asked.     This year, U.N. humanitarian programs have reached nearly 100 million people in 25 countries. In its 2020 humanitarian appeal, which was revised to include funding for the COVID-19 response, the U.N. asked donors for $39 billion. As of the end of November, it had received $22 billion, leaving some programs severely underfunded. 


your ad here

Recent attacks by Turkey-backed rebels have caused another round of displacement in Syria, where dozens of families have left their homes in the border town of Ain Issa. The town is held by Kurdish forces that Turkey views as terrorists. VOA’s Reber Kalo reports from Syria.


your ad here

Українські військові на Донбасі збили безпілотний літальний апарат, запущений з непідконтрольної Києву частини Донецької області, повідомив 30 листопада штаб операції Об’єднаних сил. Всього ж російські гібридні сили здійснили два порушення режиму перемир’я, вказано у вечірньому зведенні.

«Режим припинення вогню противник порушив, застосувавши станковий протитанковий гранатомет та стрілецьку зброю в районі Водяного. Окрім того, на цій же ділянці був виявлений проліт ворожого БПЛА типу «Квадро» із перетином лінії розмежування. Пострілами зі стрілецької зброї ворожий безпілотний літальний апарат було збито», – інформує штаб.

Бойових втрат та поранень серед військовослужбовців Об’єднаних сил немає, ідеться в повідомленні.

Угруповання «ДНР» та «ЛНР» про бойові дії 30 листопада не повідомляли.

Із 00:01 27 липня на Донбасі набрала чинності чергова домовленість про «повне та всеосяжне припинення вогню».

Збройний конфлікт на Донбасі триває від 2014 року після російської окупації Криму. Україна і Захід звинувачують Росію у збройній підтримці бойовиків. Кремль відкидає ці звинувачення і заявляє, що на Донбасі можуть перебувати хіба що російські «добровольці».

За даними ООН, від квітня 2014-го до 31 липня 2020 року внаслідок збройного конфлікту на Донбасі загинули від 13 100 до 13 300 людей.


your ad here

Leading clerics and monks in Greece are urging the state to take legal action against Bulgaria in a bid to win back hundreds of rare religious relics, including Byzantine manuscripts, that Greece alleges were stolen by Bulgarian guerrillas during World War I.The move comes after the U.S.-based Museum of the Bible, which holds some of the world’s most revered collections of religious manuscripts, agreed last week to return a rare 10th century gospel book to the Monastery of Theotokos Eikosiphinisa in northern Greece.“This return marks a glorious achievement,” said Bishop Pavlos of the northeastern Greek city of Drama, who oversees the monastery. “[But] more manuscripts and relics are out there, around the globe, and they need to be repatriated.”“We plan to get tougher in our fight, potentially taking legal action against Bulgaria. But the bigger question is why isn’t the Greek state – the ultimate keeper of the country’s national treasures and identity – backing this repatriation campaign also.”Greece says there has been no response from the Bulgarian government.Successive Greek governments have long lobbied for the return of the Parthenon Marbles, billing their repatriation a top national priority and insisting the British Museum hand them back after a British aristocrat, Lord Elgin, hacked them off the ancient temple, selling them to the British Museum over 200 years ago.FILE – A woman looks at the Parthenon Marbles, a collection of stone objects, inscriptions and sculptures, also known as the Elgin Marbles, on show at the British Museum in London, Oct. 16, 2014.“There is no difference to what happened in the case of Eikosiphinisa,” the bishop said.Painstakingly written out in Greek and preserved for centuries at the monastery, also known as Kozintsa, the decorated manuscript was stolen in 1917 by Bulgarian separatists who looted some 430 sacred documents from the convent’s library and 470 religious relics.They then sold them to bookshops and collectors across Europe. The documents and relics eventually found their way to art dealers, who allegedly auctioned them off to major institutions or private collectors in Europe and the U.S.These include elite universities such as Princeton and Duke, and the Morgan Library and Museum in New York City.Legal action spearheaded by ecumenical Patriarch Batholomew I, the spiritual leader of the world’s 200 million Christian Orthodox adherents, has already been waged in the United States.But the front line of the battle, Bishop Pavlos said, should be Bulgaria, where the bulk of the booty remains in the hands of the state there.“It is unthinkable that the Greek state has not even submitted a simple petition after so many years,” he says.The Greek Culture Ministry did not respond to repeated requests by VOA for comment.Claims for restitution target the Ivan Dujcev Center for Slavo-Byzantine Studies in Sofia, which holds around 300 of the looted manuscripts, despite the 1919 Treaty of Neuilly which required Bulgaria to return all cultural objects taken during the First World War.In a statement, the Museum of the Bible in Washington said it acquired the 1,000-year-old gospel book from Christie’s auction house in 2011. But details of its provenance remain murky, allowing Patriarch Batholomew to weigh in and insist on its return.FILE – A visitor looks at various Bibles during a preview at the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C., Nov. 14, 2017.The museum has since then acknowledged that pieces of its collection, originally owned by the Green family in Oklahoma City, founders of the arts and crafts chain Hobby Lobby, were looted and smuggled out of their country of origin – an admission that has sparked a thorough in-house investigation.Similar moves led the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago to hand back another priceless manuscript to the Eikosiphinisa monastery in 2016 – a landmark return that adds firepower to Greece’s campaign to win back the Parthenon Marbles.Religion, Bishop Pavlos advises, should not become a factor in cultural restitution.But even if it is, he quips, “Then those in the helm of power should not forget that the Parthenon was once a religious temple too.” 


your ad here

As French authorities prepare to roll out their COVID immunization strategy this week, they face skepticism in a country where surveys show many people do not trust the vaccine.France was among the nations of Europe taking the heaviest hit from the COVID-19 outbreak as more than 50, 000 people died of the virus.Like the rest of the world, hopes are high that vaccines will defeat the virus and enable people to go back to a normal life. The French immunization campaign is scheduled to start by the end of December with the elderly, people living in nursing homes and medical personnel slated to receive the first doses.In an address to the nation, French President Emmanuel Macron said a scientific committee would supervise the immunization campaign and a citizen group would be created to make sure the population is part of the process. Immunization against COVID-19 must be clear and transparent and information must be shared  on what is known and unknown, insists Macron, who stressed that immunization will not be mandatory in France.The government is worried that millions of French people will refuse coronavirus vaccine shots due as skepticism grows in the country. Fifty-nine percent of French people surveyed say they would not get vaccinated, according to an IFO poll published on Sunday.Prime Minister Jean Castex recently said his fear is that not enough French people will get vaccinated.Jean Paul Stahl, a French doctor of infectious diseases, said the numbers concern him.The professor explains there is a common fear of side effects for these vaccine.He said there is also skepticism as people see this vaccine as a tool used by the government. Stahl said that nowadays in our societies, more and more people do not trust any authority: political, scientific, and others.France has budgeted more than $1.75 billion to buy vaccines next year. 


your ad here

У Держслужбі з надзвичайних ситуацій повідомили, що за минулу і поточну добу через ускладнення погодних умов у низці регіонів України водіям знадобилася допомога рятувальників на дорогах.

Згідно з повідомленням, підрозділи ДСНС напередодні відбуксирували карету швидкої допомоги у Шостці на Сумщині, вивільнили з кюветів два легкові автомобілі у Луцькому та Ковельському районах Волині, допомогли водію вантажівки на Кіровоградщині.

«30 листопада на Рівненщині, у Сарненському районі, відділення рятувальників на спецавтомобілі САРМ-С «VW Crafter» допомогли бригаді швидкої медичної допомоги потрапити до породіллі, прибравши дерево, що впало на проїжджу частину. Окрім «швидкої» увесь заблокований транспорт зміг продовжити рух далі. А вже вранці на Дніпропетровщині рятувальники надавали допомогу водієві шкільного автобусу, що застряг біля смт Кринички», – розповіли в ДСНС.

У Держслужбі з надзвичайних ситуацій звернулися до водіїв із проханням бути уважними та обережні на дорогах, особливо під час ускладнення погодних умов.

«Керуючи транспортними засобами за складних погодних умов, обирайте помірну швидкість та дотримуйтесь безпечної дистанції між транспортними засобами; враховуйте особливості та стан транспортного засобу, а також дорожнього покриття; уникайте будь-яких ризикованих маневрів; по можливості краще перенесіть поїздку на світлу пору доби; підготуйте свій автомобіль до зими. Обов’язково необхідно змінити літню гуму на зимову», – звернулися в ДСНС.

Напередодні у ДСНС попереджали водіїв про можливі проблеми з рухом через мокрий сніг і дощ. Синоптики прогнозують, що в більшості областей 1 грудня очікується переважно -1-3 вночі та -1+1 вдень.


your ad here